Celebrate good times, come on!
…and bad, and easy,and hard – because God is to be glorified in everything.
This is what God has been commanding my heart so far in 2017. Celebrate! And there is so much to celebrate.
God is good always. Our salvation is secure. My hope and joy should rest in Him. Life ebbs and flows, but He is constant! He never changes,never leaves. So, there is always reason to celebrate.
“Jesus came not only to give believers life that lasts forever, He intends for us to experience this eternal quality of life right now.” (my BFS notes from this week)
That is not to say He promises an easy life full of only rainbows and sunshine, but that there is always reason to celebrate Him. Joy always comes in the morning.
That is what celebrate has come to mean to me so far this year – worshiping God in joy over specific things, events, or people. I often started a day thanking God for blessings, which resulted in a grateful and humble heart. As I’ve been celebrating things with God in the morning over the last two weeks, I am still grateful, but I am overwhelmed with joy.
Some early celebrations this year:
- I celebrate the sunshine.
- I celebrate softly falling fat snowflakes.
- I celebrate Scooby Doo with littles that can only be watched in TiTi’s bedroom.
- I celebrate a family who cries with and delights in one another.
- I celebrate a body designed be broken and cut open, and, heal again.
- I celebrate recognized competency leading to responsibility (okay I had to talk myself into celebrating that one).
- I celebrate that the depths of despair grow empathy and stronger searches for light.
- I celebrate a God that knows me, loves me, and wants me.
- I celebrate new beginnings.
- I celebrate that my identity is rooted in God.
- I celebrate that this is not my home.
- I celebrate His air that fills my lungs.
And so, with each breath in, I will marvel at His majesty.
And with each exhale, I will celebrate his bountiful blessings.