I love new beginnings, probably too much. I build this internal hype and, inevitably, let down when things stay dramatically the same.
Time never stops, each midnight signaling a new day, a new moment, a new beginning, for a new year from that moment forward.
I don’t need big hype, just an alarm clock and some daily perspective. Heck, I don’t even need an alarm clock as most nights I see midnight in-between binkies and bottles.
But it’s a new year none the less, and I love a good excuse for some fresh initiatives; so here are some of mine:
- Every clothing item purchased equals one given away. It was going to be simply no new clothing in 2016; I decided to be reasonable, while still trying to keep my mind on humble purchases.
- To choose love over being right, over anger. This will require a lot of practice.
- Practice being a part of Team Vacca, rather than in charge. Future blogs and instagrams will permit you to follow my progress and failures, I have no doubt.
- Make a new habit of uplifting words coming forth more than complaints.
- Make it a larger habit to “ask the Lord” and not just randomly write about my issues.
- Enjoy meals and snacks without overindulging, and without guilt for living.
- Pray as a family more…currently our family prayer sounds like…”dear Jesus thank you for the food, please let it taste good and Nici sleep all night”…yeah we could use some work.
- Get my bear tattoo. Needs no explanation.
So there you have it. Some of my goals for 2016 narrowed into a simple list overflowing with big changes.